Date does not advance when crown turned

Hi, I am a first time watch builder … excited and a little nervous. My first issue is that in the preparation to align the hour hand on installation, I am unable to move the date when rotating the crown. I have removed and reinstalled the crown once with no progress … any suggestions out there please?!

Not sure I understand you. But are you familiar with how a crown work?

There are three positions. The innermost position is winding position. It just winds and won’t change the date. One click out is the quick set position. In a certain direction (forgot which is which) will quick set the date, that is, the date will change click by click. The outermost position is the time setting position. It’ll move the hands, and if you move them forward enough, like two full days or two full cycles, the date should move.

Thanks JoJo … I think I am familiar with the crown operation and concur your description (thank you!). I tried to pull it all the way out and turn it but with no success on moving the date. I did not try moving th crown counter clockwise on one click so may try that later. many thanks for responding, though!

I am having the same issue. Did you find a resolution to this problem?

Hello, I did find a solution …

In the end I went back to the stage where you fit the crown … took it out, and put it back in … it has worked properly ever since, although it does not feel like a traditional ‘wind’ when I wind up the watch … it definitely works. Going strong right now …

Hope you can find a way to make it work too…