dive watch with with date - date setting position of crown stem is not working

I just assembled the dive watch with date without having any problems, and everything works fine except one thing:
In the date setting position the crown stem is without function, and the stem seems to stick out of the watch case in the inmost position a little bit more than it should.
Does anyone have a suggestion what could be the cause?
Thank you!
Markus

That does sound strange. This is what I can think of:

In the date setting position the crown stem is without function -> have you tried turning it both ways? As I remember the crown turns the date ring only in the anticlockwise direction

stem seems to stick out of the watch case in the inmost position a little bit more than it should -> a picture would help me see how much more it’s sticking out. But normally it does stick out a bit, as you have to push it in while you screw it down (there’s a spring in the crown so that’s why it sticks out). You see it has to stick out, otherwise you’ll be screwing down the crown always instead of winding the watch. So as long as you can screw down the crown without problem, that’s normal

Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps

I’m not sure I understand fully, by “without function” do you mean it does not quick change the date? Have you tried to set the time past midnight, so either one or two times past 12 o’clock, and see if the date transitions?

Thank you very much for your contribution!
In the meantime I tried to turn the crown clockwise, and it works!
All the best - Markus

@Bud:
You helped me very much with encouraging me to screw the crown in.
Before it seemed to me that this is not possible, because one has to push pretty hard for screwing it in, and I didn’t want to damage it.

I wish you the best for the new year!
Greetings from Germany - Markus