Is it natural to get stuck in watch assembly?

I’m naturally an impatient person, so watchmaking isn’t really made for me. That said, I’ve been stuck trying to make my watch every step of the way. The feeling of troubleshooting what I f’ed up feels good though. Being able to do that and move on is part of the process… I guess?

Just want to get a feel of how you all are coping with this precision task. Is it just me being dumb or under-coordinated, or is it normal?

From what I’m going through right now, it’s certainly not an easy task. But not too difficult either. Over time I learn to be patient and watch the whole video before moving my hands to do anything. The videos really help.

It’s difficult for sure, but rewarding (I guess). I’m still waiting for my kit to arrive so I can only answer your question when that happens.

From my 1st experience with the kit, I can say that it is absolutely doable. I’m not particularly good with my butter finger, but I just finish each video before I start working on the watch. And that turned out pretty okay.

I haven’t got my kit, but judging from my experience assembling various stuff, I’d say those hiccups are part of the fun.

It’s challenging but not a grind. Just need to handle everything with care, and make no irreversible mistakes

Mine was done without much hiccup. It was quite easy to figure out the next step even without the video, since every part has its dedicated purpose. And with the video, everything was a no brainer.