Miyota or Seiko?

Hi all,

I see that they offer both Miyota and Seiko movement. Is there big difference between them? I’m deciding between getting a Mosel (which has a Miyota movement) or a Diver (which has Seiko). Can I consider the Seiko to be a superior movement and therefore worth upgrading to?

IMO they are basically the same movement. The Seiko NH35 has calendar function so that’s a plus over the Miyota they are offering. But in terms of accuracy and quality, they are the same tier. I wouldn’t lose sleep over which movement to pick and just pick the watch that looks best to you

I own watches with both Seiko and Miyota movements. I can tell you that they are both reliable movements, and the particular accuracy of the movement you have depends on whether the brand does regulation on its own, and luck.

Me, I personally lean more to Seiko becuase I sink an insane amount of money each month on Seiko mod. My wife hates it.

The seiko I have is quite a workhorse. I dropped it a few times and it’s still running fine. I reckon it’ll take quite a beating before it stops

Thanks all. After thinking for a while I went for the Seiko movement. Looks pretty reliable to me.