New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Hi All!

I just started my first one last night. I got as far as installing the watch in the case. The watch functioned well overnight; however, it stops when I try and install the case back.

It doesn’t look like the seconds hand is touching the case when the case back is installed. Has anyone had this experience? Please advise as to how to fix this.

If I can resolve this, I will definitely move on to the next project. This is “addictive” in a good way, of course.

Best,
George

The second hand is likely set too high, so it’s being pressed against the crystal when the case back is installed. Hope this helps.

Also, next time you can try to post this in the DIY help sub forum. You’ll get more help there. Enjoy your watch!

hello guys, my name is mattzwe. i really love about watch. i made an article on esbeka.id. check it out.

Hello everyone. I recently finished my first two GMTs and am totally happy. A great fun to build a personalized watch on that high level appearance.

Hi All,

I am interested in taking up a hobby in cloning watches, not to sell or make a profit just simply for my own satisfaction. Stupidly I bought a Rolex submariner watch when I was abroad many years ago, which failed shortly after I bought it. I am now considering trying to repair it after I try making a similar watch bought from this web site.
Happy Christmas to all

Brad here. Look for an expensive diy watch. Is there a list of pricier watches

Hi, hobby mates. Semion from Toronto,Canada here.
Have a nice day!

Hi my name is Mike from My Retro Watches YouTube channel.
I am an amateur watchmaker and supporter of DIY products. I have reviewed 3 of their watches now so have good experience with their kit.
I thought I would offer my help here in the forum answering questions that some beginners may be asking when they are stuck.

1 Like

I’m going to buy a Diy kit to complete my first watch by myself.

Hey Everyone, Tim from SoCal here :slight_smile: Just finished my first Diver -D01 and very pleased with the results. Hope to do more in the future :slight_smile:

Hi I am new to the forum. I made my first diver DWC-D01 in December and I am hooked. I’m looking into doing some mods already.

One issue that has come up is that my crystal got scratched already :frowning: . I should have gone Sapphire. Anyway I’m looking to replace it. Does anyone know the size?

I took an external measurement of about 31mm but that’s with it installed. I assume to get a precise measurement I’ll need to remove crystal and use caliper.

A lot of people like the other materials because they’re less reflective and not hard to buff out. I’ve never done it myself, so I defer to google, but probably worth trying before you replace it :slight_smile:

On the other hand… I walk into a lot of walls and my crystal sapphire is in great shape. (The case is beat up but the crystal is fine!)

Can’t speak to the precise size. You might check the FAQs. The DWC-D01 should be equivalent in most ways to the Seiko Sea Urchin, but can’t swear the crystal is identically sized. You’ll also need a way to press the crystal into place.

I walk into a lot of walls

Still trying to find that Platform 9¾ eh?

1 Like