Second hand doesn't move

I have installed the second hand into the movement. But it’s not moving.

I tried winding the movement too. Give it a shake. Still doesn’t move. Did I break the movement?

I’m stuck at the same place as well!

In my case, I found out that the second hand moves together with the minute hand when I try to set time. That’s weird. Think I must have done something wrong. But I’m not sure how to fix this. Any help?

Don’t worry. That sounds like a case of bad installation. The video covered this too. Go rewatch the whole video on second hand. You probably installed the hand into the space instead onto the axis. Just remove it, observe the second hand axis on the movement, and try again. That’s how I got through it.

1 Like

8%20series%20second%20hand%20pin

This picture helped me out tremendously (it’s copied from the video tutorial). The “tube” of the second hand goes right onto the small needle in the middle.

Once you get the feel of it, the rest should be relatively easy.

1 Like

What @Fledger0124 said is probably the case. In any case, my tip is to observe the hand and the axis closely, and make sure you understand what you are suppose to do with them. It’s a tube that envelops the pin.

If it’s correctly installed, you’ll see the second hand run immediately when you take away the hand setting tool from the hand. If that does not happen, DO NOT proceed further. Check if the watch has any wind. If it’s winded and it still doesn’t run, stop and revert to the last step. Remove the hand and try installing it again.

Just be patient, this is quite possibly the most difficult part of the whole process. Once you’re through, you’re almost done! Good luck!

1 Like

That solved my problem! Thank you @Fledger0124 and @Jeff for your help!