small screws in seiko nh72a tmi

i lost two small screws. How can i get them? what is the specification to buy them

Which two screws?

with the kit, they came 4 or 5 very little screws, The ones used to attach the dial to the movement.
best regrads

I might be mistaken, but don’t you need only two of those?

Although I could be confused, I’m only referring to my experience with my kit. You probably have a different kit.

Thank you, i will check. I have already used the two needed for the dial. I lost one and stopped the assembly. I am abroad at this moment, in one week i will check. thank you for your response. In the kit there were four or five, i am not really sure. I lost one.

The small plastic type screws are called dial feet. There are 2 required to secure the dial face to the movement. Unfortunately I lost one of them and can’t complete the final steps of assembly. Does anyone know how I can get a few of them. I’ve emailed the DIY folks about a week ago but no reply as of today

Are you able to send a photo? I’ve done a few dials, but none used screws. Usually dial feet are just pegs that stick out, and you can easily buy them online and attach them with solder or glue.

There’s sometimes a problem with dials having their feet removed (for different legitimate reasons). Adding new feet is the ‘best’ solution. But a lot of people just use a touch of glue or double-sided tape. At the level we’re looking at, tape will hold it fine. I have a chapter ring attached only with scotch double-sided tape. No issues whatsoever, at least until I decide to swap it out!

The person doing the tutorial called them dial feet. They’re used to secure the dial face to the movement. They’re plastic but not threaded like the common screws you usually see. These are more like plastic pegs that you insert in the dial face and then turn them with a screwdriver to tighten them up. The watch is a DWC-D02 with the sapphire glass

Neat! I haven’t done that model, but their method makes sense.

This is my very amateur read.

The dial foot is there for three purposes;

1. Align the dial so your 12 is perfectly on top. This is most important when you have a date window. You don’t have one, so the goal is precision because it looks nice. For your watch model, a crooked dial works 100% as well as a straight one.
  2. Keep the dial from moving around during use.
  3. Ensure the dial can be easily removed in the future.

What is NOT on the purpose list is ‘look nice’. The foot is covered by the chapter ring, so no worries if its hideous. I do notice the foot is not flush with the dial. This is surprising to me, because I’m not sure how the chapter ring fits over it without interference.

If that were my watch, I’d consider two options;

1. Determine how the chapter ring fits over your remaining screw, and how much clearance you have.

Find something, ideally a soft material like wood or plastic, which is a snug fit. A toothpick, or taking a plastic peg and manually shaving it to size. Any color should be fine, but you may need to experiment. I would stay away from metal because the sapphire is brittle, and that sort of force could crack it. You want something that can compress a little. Once in, you snip it down to the correct clearance for the chapter ring.

The advantage here is it’s easy to remove again, just following the same instructions.

1. Go back to double-sided tape. One small piece should be sufficient, where the foot should be. Attach it to the plastic movement ring. That’ll ensure the tape is cut to the correct size to not be visible. It’ll just be a millimeter long and a few wide, but it’s sufficient. Downside is it might make removal more difficult. The tape itself won’t damage the sapphire or plastic, but rough removal might. You’re really going to need a keen eye to ensure the dial is on straight, and there’s no contact with the center pinions. Maybe use the chapter ring to help align everything. But if it looks good out of the case, it’ll look good in it.

You might also consider just proceeding without the missing foot altogether. The chapter ring might put enough pressure to keep the dial from rotating. The thing to watch for is the dial sliding and making contact with the hour pinion. You’ll notice the watch running slower.

Aftercare is indeed to monitor the watch, if the regulation changes from how it was before install. And obviously, if you can see the dial shifting.

Standard notes again; this is just what I would do, as a hobbyist. You know your tools and your comfort level.