Water resistance of the bezel

Hello

After finishing my watch, I immersed it in a glass of water to make sure it was water resistant.

None of the parts I assembled take on water, but the bezel does.

The watch arrived with the bezel mounted so I didn’t even touch it…

I then disassembled the bezel and dried the inside, then reassembled the bezel correctly, its operation is normal, but now it moves slightly

Lol this is like saying the case is wet after submerging in water. Of course the bezel is wet. It needs a gap in order to move.

yes but the water comes under the bezel and in the case there are holes for the click ring where the water can enter in the case.
When I open it, it was wet

The point of water resistance is preventing water from getting into the movement. The holes for click ring do not lead into the case where the movement is.

There is a rubber gasket on the inside of the bezel. When you opened it, you likely let all the water that previously resided outside of the gasket and between the gap to go into where you find “wet” inside the bezel.

In plain words, water before not under bezel, you open the bezel, water goes under the bezel. It wasn’t wet. You made it wet.

Stop worrying and enjoy your watch.

Okay,

Thank you for your explications !

Sounds like a non-problem. When I wear my Sinn diver to the sea, I was advised to rinse it with fresh water afterward, especially between the bezel and the case. It would not be necessary if water doesn’t get between the bezel and the case.

I agree with Stopwatch. There are more important things in life than worrying about a watch. It’s likely not even a problem.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,
I’m new here, wanted to ask what the level of water resistance the DIY watches have. I’m about to buy one, but was curious before pulling the trigger.

Thanks.